Saturday, December 1, 2007

From Desire to Inspire :

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ....


I'm a "Bah! Humbug!" sort of girl myself and Christmas isn't that big in my house (except for the family gatherings and the copious amounts of food and drink) but when I was checking out Aaron R Thomas's website to see what fab new things he has designed my heart skipped a beat. Lucite lovers of the world unite, an acrylic christmas tree. Swoon! This one has been styled for the Bamboo Colony in L.A. Check it out here and here. (Earlier post here.) Limited edition so if you can't resist go now.

Labels: ,


Comments:
Christmas isn't very big in Australia to begin with... at least not in a traditional sense. It has always been a backyard barbie with heaps of friends and family, not to mention a generous serving of Bundaberg rum, cold cuts, and hot summertime sunshine.
I like to look at North American design magazines to admire the beauty of a traditional Christmas with falling white snow and burning fireplaces, hot apple cider and blazing candles. I love the cozy, inviting decor with heaps of plush blankets in warm tones, mantels adorned in holly and scented pinecones, and twinkling lights and ornaments draping a real evergreen Christmas tree. And one can not forget the excitement of the big man himself... Santa Claus (I envision snowflakes falling and Santa on a reindeer sled gliding through the night sky)!
I would love to experience a traditional winter solstice Christmas. For those who are lucky enough to live in the Northern Hemisphere, savour the season for not everyone in this world gets to experience a traditional holiday.
I *am* dreaming of a white Christmas...
Merry December everyone!! :)
Wow Lynda, your comment was so beautifully worded I almost felt guilty for always bashing the weather here. I do have to say that I cannot imagine what Christmas would be like spending it on the beach in shorts while having a BBQ. That would just be too untraditional. As much as I detest the cold here, it does provide alot of atmosphere to Christmas. Last year we had a really mild beginning to the winter and had no snow at Christmas, and it was very odd. Not this year - it is COLD and we've been getting dumped on for a couple weeks. Lynda, I can send you some snow if you'd like!

Merry December to you and everyone. Here's to lucite Christmas trees!!

No comments: